Monday 12 May 2014

TWO WEEKS!

Two weeks yesterday until my 10k run.

And it's all becoming rather real, especially now all my stuff has arrived!


My Crohn's and Colitis t-shirt, my running number, my book of instructions... oh my!

And the fundraising is going really well - (as I type) only £85 to go until we hit our target of £500!! This is AMAZING. But of course I couldn't blog about my run without another cheeky plea!

You can donate through JustGiving and our page is www.justgiving.com/harrietsgotcrohns

OR

You can text HSJD50 with the amount you wish to donate to 70070

OR

Click the widget on the left hand side of my blog

I've been gymming it for the last month or so and have realised a few things: 1) how out of shape I am [not a massive surprise] 2) how my medications have plumped me right up over the years [again, who am I kidding thinking I'm still thin?!] and 3) how bad my arthritic knee is getting [this is new].

I'm aware that I'm going to have to train ruddy hard these next two weeks, strap my knee up like I'm hiking a mountain and push myself to try and beat my time from before. That would be 1hr 09 for your reference.

It's going to be tough - but nothing in comparison to some of the shite Crohn's puts you through!

Every cloud and all that!!

X

SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig