Thursday 11 August 2016

BabyMooning

Well that was everything I wanted it to be and more. And the thing is, we didn't even really do anything. But it was perfect.

I don't want to sound like a big ol' sap but I honestly feel like this little break away for our BabyMoon has made me fall in love, all over again. Just with a new element to our relationship, in that we're going to be parents. 

I think not being distracted by life for a few days allowed us to just really enjoy one another's company - and I guess that's the whole point of a BabyMoon? Making the most of your time as a couple. It's definitely something I want to maintain even when baby's here; making sure our relationship doesn't fall by the wayside just because there's a human running around who we made.

It was strange going through the motions travelling though, such as security at the airport, or boarding the plane. You have moments when you think: Jesus wept, next time we do this we will have our small person with us. How things are going to change?! It was brilliant watching all the other Summer Holiday parents slightly losing their shit whilst travelling with their children, trying to stay composed as their foot gets trodden on for the tenth time. Such fun lies ahead it seems *googles prices of Trunkies in preparation*

Here are a few snapshots basically of me and my bump, from said BabyMoon and then I promise I will stop saying that word.

Whilst away I stayed committed to my weekly #bumpingalong in a size 12 non-maternity bikini from Boohoo.  Actually found the whole bare bump thing quite liberating! It was like being nude in public, but not in any way at all. (Thank you other half for being my photographer as and when required).
Sunshine Bumping
I am particularly enjoying seeing how much my belly moves now. Gone are the odd punches and kicks from the bambino - we're now in the swirls and ripples stage. And it is SO COOL to watch..."Come and look at my stomach! Feel the baby! Look at the baby!" I'm just in complete and utter amazement at the body and what it is capable of. We have such an active baby, yet whenever I try to capture it on film it just stops. Like it knows, playing games with its mum. However there's still plenty of time for me to film the wiggles!

Talking of the wiggles, we had our 24 weeks midwife appointment yesterday. So although it was a shame to only have a few days break away, it wasn't all bad as we got to listen to our baby again and know that everything is as it should be for this stage in pregnancy. Measuring fine, heart beating strong, movement patterns good.

I really like that they remind you how important it is to keep an eye on your baby's movements. And remember, it's not a case of a certain number of kicks per day. It's knowing what pattern is right for your baby - there's no magic number of movements. If your regular pattern changes, then to the midwife you go!

So despite our baby kicking the midwife away like last time, we got to hear the reassuring beats and that meant we could leave the hospital with the piece of mind that all is wonderful right now. Only 4 more appointments (week 28, 31, 34 and 36) and then BABY ARRIVES AT WEEK 38. Oh gosh. And we're now under 100 days to go as well which means it's action stations this Summer to get everything prepped and ready.

Also got given the info for antenatal classes; imagine there will be many an update once these begin, as we go on a journey to meet fellow parents-to-be. Ooooh. Parent friends.

And breathe.

X

PS: I've realised the title of this post sounds a bit like a baby showing its bare bottom. Ah well.
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig