Friday 19 August 2016

DIYing

This weekend is all about nursery DIY *digs out trusty alan key*

The nursery is painted and looking just lovely - it's strange to see what was our spare room, the room that kind of had no purpose, now very much ready to be filled with all things baby. Our baby. Our baby's room.

We ordered the furniture last week and we're trying to build as it arrives. I mean I say 'we', but really I was the instruction reader and I got one swift go on a screw with an alan key...but then back to delegating as the preg one.

Our little person's cotbed arrived first and that is now built, mattress in and awaiting bedding. A jazzy rug arrived yesterday and the wardrobe is due to arrive today; so that's our Friday night activity sorted!
Me (not pictured) saying yes that is where that goes
Tomorrow however I feel will be a bit of a nightmare for my other half - and I tell you for why. It's a Saturday. And we're going to go to IKEA. The vortex that sucks you in where you follow other wandering couples and you want the children's section but suddenly you're in the garden section holding a faux palm tree. Wish us luck for that people! We might end up doing battle in the candle section with the miniature pencils.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig