Monday 12 September 2016

Flammable Insides

Heartburn in the later stages of pregnancy is quite possibly the worst feeling I have ever experienced in my life. Slightly dramatic, perhaps. But the level of discomfort is something else?! It's not even just around when I eat; 'tis all day, errrr day. Acid, ooph, ouch, burp, oh bit of food's come up, lovely, ahh the burn, nausea, burp, rub chest in annoyance. Repeat to fade.

I had tried the 'Princess and the Pea' approach of all the pillows in bed but that's just impractical and annoying. So popped to the GP and have been given some Omeprazole to take and this can also be boosted with Gaviscon as and when, if required. I feel a tad like my Nana - she's always got the Gaviscon to hand.
It's funny how heartburn is also something that mums have said they really don't miss now they're no longer preg. For someone that has never had heartburn before, I believe I too will look forward to the day when I don't feel like there is FIRE TRAVELLING UP MY OESOPHAGUS AND INTO MY MOUTH.

Onto more exciting news though...we're 29 weeks today and have our first antenatal class tonight! This session is all on Intervention and Caesareans. Got to have my game face on and I imagine this will obviously be key to what lies ahead for us. Intrigued to see what the other parents-to-be will be like too. Young, old, first baby, etc. New parenting friends.

There's also another mini heatwave this week. Joy. Please note the high level of sarcasm. All I want to do now is wrap myself up in a woolen poncho, sit indoors and let my preg body spread. I don't want highs of 30 degrees thank you when I'm having to commute. Not now...it's mid September. When is Autumn happening?! Naturally this means that I'm still (begrudgingly) dragging out the Summer items and today's #bumpingalong is a non-maternity H&M jersey dress in a Small.
A nautical buoy
I feel like my bump has really changed shape over the last week. It's become more round? I haven't been very pregnant on my sides - my profile has always been very OUT and from the back I still don't look too preg. But the bump has suddenly become very much like a big ol' massive ball. And can anyone see my ass? It's grown enough to find it's way out of my knickers and cause me consistent wedgies, but side on it appears to be M.I.A.

I also feel like my torso isn't long enough at all to house this baby though. Everything is starting to feel very squashed internally; all up in my ribs and right down into my vagine. How the baby is going to find room to keep growing I just don't know! Someone is going to have to start rolling me to wherever I need to be as my metamorphosis into a human weeble continues.

(Officially) 9 weeks to go.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig