Thursday 29 September 2016

Mama Fashion

Have been a tad slack with blogging around the #bumpingalong what with generally getting more pregnant and having things to do. So thought I'd post about the last couple of outfits I've put together as it's definitely tougher dressing the bump.

Week 30
For my birthday back in May my gals got me tickets to London Fashion Weekend and it was just as fashionably wonderful as I thought it would be.

The #LFWEND outfit consisted of a Bluebell Maternity dress from ASOS paired with black patent block heel ankle boots from New Look. Incredibly comfortable, albeit I hadn't worn heels in forever so it looked like I had club foot by the time I got home. Slave to fashion and all that *only wears soft clothes now, mind*

Week 31
This week's #bumpingalong photo was taken after watching McFly (teenage self swooooons) and being outOUT at 8 months pregnant really was something else. Massive shoutout to the O2 Forum at Kentish Town though for giving my friend and I wristbands so we could go in the special access area to be more comfortable - didn't even ask! Excellent service and made for a much more enjoyable concert. Thank you, thank you.

But onto the outfit... my go-to maternity jeans from Topshop, plain black maternity vest from New Look and then my spontaneous purchase from London Fashion Weekend; a black sheer maxi dress from Never Fully Dressed.

Best of the Rest
A sports luxe look for a weekend stroll - maternity polo neck and maternity croc-effect wet look leggings both from ASOS worn with a slinky bomber jacket from Primark.

(Excuse the set up, I'd try to fit in a cardboard box. No particular reason why.) Outfit is made up of Primark non-maternity culottes from last Summer paired with the other maternity polo neck from ASOS. Disclaimer in that the culottes had really risen up - they usually fall just below the knee, but gravity.

Here's me trying, and failing, to see whether I can push the boundaries of non-maternity clothes in certain styles. It seems not, as this was a dress that just would not zip up. But a beautiful dress nonetheless from Topshop for the non-preg amongst us.

More success with actual maternity wear at Topshop with this ace shirt.

And finally here's me welcoming in all things Autumn in a large non-maternity mustard jumper from H&M with - you've guessed it - my maternity jeans from Topshop.

Still after the illusive preg unitard I spoke of when newly pregnant. But as the colder seasons draw in, I am more than ready to be in soft and comfortable clothing. Especially with all this extra downward pressure in my vagine.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig