Wednesday 16 April 2014

Achy Bones

I have achy bones. Oh so achy.

Left knee, lower back, right shoulder. All slowly, one by one, getting more painful. Even if I'm not doing anything.

I've mentioned my knee and back to my consultant before, but it's never really something they've focused on...? Just getting a bit fed up of sitting with my legs crossed, then suddenly having to rearrange my legs because the pain is unreal. I am not of Nana age yet!

Is there a strong link between the autoimmune diseases? Can you have Crohn's and get arthritis more easily?

I had a little look into the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis on the NHS website (as this type seems to be the most mentioned re IBDs) and it brought up the following:

  • Pain
    • This is usually a throbbing and aching sort of pain. Often worse in the mornings and after you have been sitting still for a while. Pain is often felt while you are resting, not after activity.
  • Stiffness
    • Joints affected by rheumatoid arthritis can feel stiff, especially in the morning. Morning stiffness associated with a kind of arthritis called osteoarthritis usually wears off within 30 minutes of getting up. However, rheumatoid arthritis morning stiffness usually lasts longer than half an hour.
  • Warmth & Redness
    • The lining of the affected joint becomes inflamed, causing the joints to swell, and become hot, tender to touch and painful.

I guess I'm just curious, that's all. Don't want to get all hypochondriac on your asses, but the achy bones are becoming increasingly more difficult to ignore!!

Any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated; you can tweet me @Harriet_IM or leave a comment below.

Ta!

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig