Wednesday 20 July 2016

A Tad Warm

So anyone in and around the general UK area can't have missed the wonderfully British heatwave we've had for the last two days. Steady on, now. It'll be drizzly again before you know it.

But jeewhizz being pregnant in this heat is something else! And getting the London Underground has turned me into a sweating hormonal angry woman. SOMEONE FAN ME OR SPRINKLE ME WITH ICED WATER. And yes please I would like to sit down immediately. Thank you ever so.

Enough about my overly sweaty self commuting, here's me looking less sweaty for week 21's #bumpingalong (you can sort of see the internal struggle I was having with trying to stay cool). Wearing a lovely maternity asos dress in a size 10, a jazzy sun hat from Tiger and children's shoes from Next.
Just hanging out in my garden
In hotly anticipated news, we had our scan on Friday where we could find out if the small human I'm carrying is a boy, or a girl...and we decided...not to find out!

So that means there is one sonographer in this world who knows what gender our baby is - but we are still in the dark. When we finally find out, it will be when we see our baby next. In real life!

The technology these days absolutely astounds me though. Especially after seeing the level of detail in our scan: nostrils, upper lip, bones, ribs, two tiny feet and two tiny hands. Even got a little 'ok' sign from the bab! Apparently it's not something the sonographer sees very often - such an amazing special moment to share with my other half. Everything checked out though which is just lovely and such a relief! All organs are as they should be, so now we can just let baby grow.

Had a wedding over the weekend and took the bump out for a boogie; at one point the DJ said "I didn't think I'd ever say this, but follow the pregnant woman!" Basically my enthusiasm for 90s and 00s dance routines are forever embedded in my soul and if 5,6,7,8 comes on then boy will Steps make me dance.

Wore another maternity dress from asos in a size 10 with floral shoes from Primark. Felt very pregnant and blooming - if you pardon the floral headband pun.

Belly button still hanging in there
Enjoy the rest of the warm weather, pals. I'm off to be clammy in my garden and make the most of these Summer nights.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig