Friday 8 July 2016

Hips Don't Lie

But Christ on a bike can they hurt!?

I saw on MadeForMums an article about waddling when pregnant; whether it's a scientifically proven thing or you know, you waddle because you kind of think you're supposed to and what not. (Spoiler alert: it's a fact) But I am really coming into my element to take the lead role in March of the Penguins.

Me, just waiting for my gals.

It's to do with your centre of gravity shifting and it can happen from as early as the end of your first trimester. Makes sense when your body shape starts to noticeably change from then - it really does make you do all the waddling though!

I'm sleeping much better - probably due to the fact I'm currently anaemic - but also because I have my pregnancy pillow, so I am more comfortable. Thing is, despite this I'm waking up and not being able to walk very well... the only relief is holding my own hips and doing a Mick Jagger-esque strut as I loosen up. I just need the inflated lips and I'm basically him. Albeit musical talent aside.

Are there any good tips for easing the hip pain though? Or is this another one of those things that's part and parcel of my ever-changing pregnant body, so deal with it vibe? *waddles ever so slowly to a soft chair*

Another bodily change that's so on the cusp it's kind of terrifying is my new look Jabba the Hutt belly button! I have scars in and around there from previous abdo surgeries, so it's getting pushed out in all directions at the moment. We currently have the top half almost out/bit bumpy and the bottom half is sort of flush. My belly button beforehand was like a crater so it's most odd seeing it as it is now, with its nod to Jabba. Regular updates to follow (or perhaps not...for everyone's sake).

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig