Monday 23 May 2016

Fit to Burst

I've started writing a couple of posts over the last week or so. And then stopping. And then revisiting. And never finishing them. This was one of them for a good while.

It's because I've been BURSTING WITH NEWS that I couldn't talk about. Not just yet. I had so much running around in my head that I needed to write down all my thoughts...But now I can talk freely about the most exciting thing that's happened to me. That's happening to me. To us, as a couple.

The fiancé and I are expecting a mini person.

We are having a baby!

Even typing out that sentence is the most amazing thing. We've made a tiny person; a miniature human growing inside me and that is bloody incredible.

#BumpWatch begins as I can finally be loud and proud at work. BABY.

I'm aware that it is Biology 101, but the whole science of how a person is made and the things I've learnt even in these first 13 weeks blows my mind. It's fascinating. And it's just the start of the journey into parenthood for us both. It's also another reason why I wanted to start blogging again really! I'm keen to share my experiences with pregnancy, but also pregnancy with Crohn's.

For someone who can talk the hind legs off a donkey and hold a conversation with myself, not being able to talk openly about ALL THE EXCITING THINGS I'M FEELING AND THE CHANGES THAT ARE GOING ON has been torture. But we're in the safe zone now. We've got a few midwife appointments in the bag and we've had our first scan. It's real life people. It's happening.

We've shared the news now with all our family and friends and the response has been overwhelming in the most loveliest of ways. So much love. It really is astounding and makes you realise how many special people you have in your life and how lucky you are to have them.

I just feel like I'm floating with joy. Christ. Will you listen to me?! All hormonal and emotional and rambling about love. I'm such a happy mess right now.

I am pregnant.

And we are completely and utterly over the moon!

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig