Wednesday 4 May 2016

It's only been 2 years

And my hasn't it flown by?!

A brief update wouldn't go amiss, otherwise you're probably wondering why do I even need to start reading this blog? Who even is this rambling person that just pops up online after a two year hiatus?

Well that person be me, my friend. Harriet, off of Harriet's Got Crohn's that has now decided to be called Hattie online. Sure. Let me try it out. See if it fits. And so far, I'm quite the fan.

It would be easy to say I don't know where to begin, but then that doesn't really help much with an 'update' per se. So maybe it's best I do a quick run through on the Crohn's to get the medical bit out the way and then we can talk about all the fun things that have happened and are happening!

So...

Can't remember what operation number I was on when I last blogged, but I've now had 14. Most recent being another pain in the ass one in December 2015. Care still under the Gastro team at Guys & St Thomas' which is hands down one of the best hospitals I have ever had the experience of being looked after by. They couldn't be more aware of what's going on with me individually and when I'm there I don't feel like just another hospital number. I feel like a person.

To be honest, that's probably why I haven't felt the need to blog for such a long time as - although I haven't been well - I've had a much better support system from the people qualified to help me when I'm ill. And it took me moving hospitals countless times to realise that it shouldn't be an unusual feeling; to feel like you're being looked after when you need it, by the professionals who are there to help you. So yes. Still very much team Guys & St Thomas'.

Meds-wise, I still struggle with the whole Humira injections and have been told off many a time for bad adherence. So we're currently on hold with that whilst they see if Azathioprine can do the job on its own for a while. If it can, ace! No more spring-loaded pens into the abs of steel (ha! Who am I kidding?! No steel here) Will make sure I keep you in the loop with that one. Meds, not my six pack development as that is totally not a thing.

Talking all things body...you may recall a post or 9 about the weight gain from all the medicines I've had over the years. Well the heaviest I got to was 75kg. Now at only 160cm it doesn't take a genius to work out that I was past the point of plump. Then the fickle finger of fate stepped in and through another flare up I went back down to my natural weight of 53kg. Only problem was that it was in a period of three months - so all eyes on me from a medicinal point of view. Doctors everywhere. All the tests. But since coming off the multitude of meds my weight has plateaued and we're doing ok!

No remission officially as of yet, but hey, it's already been 7 years since diagnosis and no remission. What's another 7 or so!?

I think that covers it from a health point of view. I'm sure if it hasn't I'll be blogging about it now I have definitely got the blogging bug back whilst typing this *excitable scream*

Hmm. Now what else has happened since I've blogged last. Oh I don't know. OH YEAH. I GOT ENGAGED.

Officially a grown up. A Mrs-to-be.

All very exciting. All very romantic. Many things to plan. Many things to think about. So many wonderful things to look forward to over the next year.

And that's where the glamour of Crohn's brings you straight back down to earth; when you look at wedding dresses online and consider the ease in which you can go to the toilet toilet. What a bride I'll be.

But now you'll all be there as part of the journey, too.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig