Tuesday 24 May 2016

#MaternityStyle

This is a whole other ball game.

Now I like clothes. In fact, I bloody love them. And as I've said before, I've had my fair share of sartorial challenges with my ever-changing body shape due to Crohn's.

Maternity style however?! Apparently if you're pregnant you can only buy clothes that are in the outline of a small marquee. And Summer fashion isn't a thing as everything seems to have to have a sleeve. It's not like your body temperature is already higher than normal or anything.

Unless you're Blake Lively at Cannes 2016. HELLO MAMA. She absolutely killed it. What a selection of clothes. Effortless in looking glorious in her pregnancy.

Slay...

I decided that for my maternity look, or #MaternityStyle if you will, that I was going to fall more in the camp of unitards than Peter Pan-collared matron tents. Seeing Blake's outstanding selection of outfits (which would have looked just as marvellous without the bump) makes me determined to have fun with dressing my new bump, as I enter my second trimester and maternity clothes shopping is now a must. Plus the second trimester is by all accounts the nicest of the three...my time to 'bloom'. Blooming wonderful.

I imagine that the further along I go in pregnancy, the more I will embrace anything loose because all I will want to be is comfortable. But I'm not going to be heavily pregnant until Autumn. And that's when everyone wants to layer up and look like a potato anyway.

Outfit Goals. Not so much.

So now to today, where I have a day off from work and I head to Oxford St to tackle this whole new world of clothing. What fabulous creations can I come up with? If it all goes to plan then a post full of pictures will naturally follow. And if it doesn't and I end up having a full pregnancy meltdown because my waist isn't a thing anymore, then a post of my emotional situation will follow instead.

Wish me luck!

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig