Thursday 5 May 2016

The Wedding Planner

...I am not. But an organised person, I am and I went into this wedding planning thing with the best of intentions. My inner Monica Geller and OCD traits combining to make a bride-to-be who's totally got her shit together.

Something like that anyway!

After being completely overwhelmed with love and congratulations from our nearest and dearest, we decided to enjoy the engagement bubble before the wedmin began (and yes, that is an official term)


As part of the engagement loveliness there were also many a wedding magazine thrust my way; this is where the Monica/OCD part of me flourished. And my love of stationery. Tabbed pages for reference, including dream wedding dresses to venues, even down to the types of cutlery (!) You can definitely see why the wedding industry in the UK is so lucrative when there are just so many options - no stone left unturned when it comes to planning your perfect day.


But before we got all over-excited, it made sense that the fiancé and I tried to plan when we were going to get married. How do people even decide this?! It's such an odd thought process, trying to decide a time of year that you're particularly fond of. I can honestly say it hadn't crossed my mind before now.

So we decided our wedding date the following way: both our birthdays are in Spring, not a fan of a Summer wedding (and you can never guarantee the weather anyway), even if we went for November/January the venue will likely still feel Christmassy. Kind of left us by default September or October. And OH! Our anniversary is in October... Next year is our 10 years... And the date falls on a Saturday. Ta-da! It's decided. Our wedding date has been indirectly picked for us. How twee.

Now our date had been decided it was a case of venue hunting. This is where hitched.co.uk was super helpful, as it really is a minefield. You can look through all the magazines in the world, and pin as many images as you like on Pinterest, but I think until you walk into a venue and have that 'wow' moment, you won't really know what you're after.

So. 18 months to get organised. Plenty of time!

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig