Thursday 5 May 2016

Name Changer

Now you're all up to date on what's happened since I was last regularly blogging, it gives me an opportunity to tell you why my blog has a new name, new feel and new topics.

I touched on it in the 'About Me' section, but essentially it's that there is more to me than having Crohn's - hence the name change. Hattie, etc. is more encompassing of me and the areas of my life, whereas Harriet's Got Crohn's as a name suggests that my illness was what made me up as a person.

I started my blog as a way for me to talk to everyone and no one about what I was feeling with regards to my Crohn's and the challenges that it threw at me. It also served as a great sounding board when I was having to deal with my biggest operation to date. It was a great tool in coping and it let me connect with a variety of people who were taking the time to read what I typed out.

Now however, I'm in a place where there are many exciting things that lie ahead and I want to write about these areas also. Remember as well that I am yet to be in remission - so it's not like I've got my rose-tinted glasses on! It just makes sense to me to have a blog that reflects where I am in my life now.

The shift in my mindset most likely began from being more than happy with the care I receive at Guys & St Thomas', so everything health-wise is less of a worry than it ever has been before. It could be down to the fact I love my job and I never really feel like I'm at work. Or it could be down to my family and friends and how despite all I've been through, they're still there supporting me and they should know that they fucking rock.

Also being that little bit older and more secure in my own skin has merely confirmed that I know it's ok to struggle when having a flare up, and that I can also make the most of what life throws at me. Good or bad. Christ, I'm almost 28 which as everyone knows is basically 30...and then you're middle aged. I've got things to do!

Don't fret though as there will of course be posts about my Crohn's, as it certainly isn't going anywhere, but now they'll sit alongside other topics too. And that's really bloody exciting for me!

X







SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig