Friday 25 January 2013

3 days to go

I'm struggling today. Not sure why, nothing in particular has happened. Just feel a tad weepy and down in the dumps.

I know I'm nervous about going to the stoma nurse later, but I think because it's also my last appointment before my surgery. Plus I know then that all I have left to do is get my stuff together and get packed for Monday.

I asked if I needed to bring anything with me to today's appointment. She said I could bring a favourite item of clothing in case they can work around it. But to be honest, my wardrobe looks like it belongs to someone in their second trimester of pregnancy...so that option is null and void.

This is because I have, what I call, my Bloat née Flamonge.

It never leaves me, it's got me seats on the tube and on buses. And if my operation is a success and my bloat departs, in a weird way I will really miss it!

To cheer me up, I am bringing moral support to my appointment in the shape of my very good friend. When we are together, there is many a spontaneous burst of song - and I feel this is the best form of company as there is a high chance of tears again (...from me, not her...obviously)

I've also decided that as wifi is unlikely in hospital, I am going to write down everything I'm feeling anyway and upload them onto here when I'm discharged or have Internet access - whichever one comes first. So there may be a little while from my last post on Sunday. Apologies in advance!

Will let you know how I get on later.

Ta ta for now.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig