Monday 21 January 2013

A bit about me

Hi guys. 

I guess the first thing to say is thank you for taking the time to read this!

You may have guessed that I'm Harriet - and I have Crohn's disease. I'm 24 years old and after 4 years since diagnosis, I just felt that I wanted to share my experiences with having Crohn's and the challenges it can throw your way.


So a brief overview of what's gone on so far...

  • Diagnosed in January 2009; although general consensus is that I've had it since I was 16
  • 9 operations for recurring perianal abscesses due to two fistulae (excellent)
  • Tried a cocktail of every med under the sun and am now on Humira fortnightly
  • About to have a strictureplasty through open surgery which takes me into double figures 
It's certainly been tough and there are times where I really question how much I can deal with. But what I do know, is that with the support network I have - both medical and personal - it makes it that bit easier when times are a tad shitty. Pardon the pun.

Hopefully you may find it helpful/comforting/funny/interesting reading my blog, as I know it's certainly helped me reading about what other people have been through. 

And I also apologise in advance for some content as it will most likely contain the word 'poo'. 

I'm going to try and post regularly (albeit not the best time to start as it's days before my surgery!) but I want to write about the ups and downs I've had so far, as well as the new experiences that I shall have. Essentially you could look at this blog as therapy for me. And why not share that with strangers on the World Wide Web?!

Look forward to sharing my Crohn's stories with you all.

Toodles for now dudes.

X

SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig