Tuesday 21 May 2013

My Saving Grace

For now, anyway...is my GP.

She's amazing. I love her! So helpful.

Unsurprisingly, after the day I had yesterday I was starting to lose my faith in the NHS and what happens now. Fortunately, my GP is a star and let me vent to her on the phone today. We mutually agreed that I wasn't really getting anywhere with my current hospital - and that it's probably best a fresh set of eyes view my bloat.

So I'm off to the doctors after work today to pick up a referral form!

It's nice to have my faith in GPs restored, as I'll be the first to admit I was a bit sceptical in the role they play for someone with a chronic disease; but I think it's because I wasn't settled geographically and it made it a lot harder to see the same person each time.

At least I know my current GP wants to help me, wants to make sure I'm doing ok...it's nice. Because it's certainly not easy trying to get on with things when it seems as if it's all going to shit.

*****

I know I had a proper rant in my post yesterday - sorry. But I was just so angry (still am, to be fair) and felt so utterly disappointed and let down.

I don't understand how they were so blasé with me? And - if you're reading between the lines - suggest that my bloat is potentially my fault, as it's due to the weight I've put on.

No it isn't. My insides aren't working properly, and I know this as I'm the one who's dealing with it first-hand. I just need someone to listen to me.

Hopefully by getting referred to a new hospital, I will be able to get somewhere in finding out what's happening inside me.

Here's hoping...

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig