Wednesday 1 May 2013

Balancing Act

Hmmm... yesterday didn't go so well.

Went to work as normal, had a niggling pain and felt a bit spaced out - but planned on just cracking on with the day.

Then I threw up. And then again.

Cue journey home and the hope that I didn't vomit on the underground.

When I got home I had some Oramorph, as it's the only painkiller that totally wipes out the pain. But it also meant that I was knocked out for 5 hours (didn't even get to watch the whole of Pocahontas!)

So this morning I have decided to work from home and will be going into the office this afternoon for a meeting. Power through, and all that.

It's just soooooo frustrating. And it's wearing me down.

It's the unpredictability of what's going to happen with my MRI on Friday...what I'll be told in the follow up appointments...and what this means for my own life and working life.

I'm not sure how to find a balance of doing 'normal' things, when I don't even know the true extent of what my insides are doing and what happens next?!

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig