Monday 11 March 2013

Bloat... Moan... Bloat... Moan... Moan... Bloat

I literally feel like I'm going to burst.

This is what I was dealing with in the middle of the night, last night:


And no I wasn't naked. You just couldn't see my legs because there seems to be a slight bump in the way. And by slight bump I mean massive flamonge.

After posting it on Twitter (out of boredom and also out of the hope that someone will be able to say what's going on) I had a few people message me to say that even after their bowel ops, they were yet to experience this rotund being that is my bloat and that I should demand some answers/more info from my doctors...[thanks @HayleyShort and @Johnbradley1]

In my last post I explained that I'd been to see the GP and that I was trying to get hold of the surgeon's secretary to get my appointment moved forward so I can be seen.

Well JOY OF JOYS, that has happened. My appointment has been moved forward to 3rd April. It's not like that's almost a month away.........oh wait. It is. And I am not totally comfortable with being one big ol' bloated mess for another 3 or so weeks.

Problem is, I'm not yet at that 'terrible' stage where I would class myself as in need of A&E. But if push comes to shove and that's the only way I'll be seen sooner, then so be it.

I just think that it's quite frankly, bloody ridiculous that I am having to find ways to sneak into the system. Driving me nuts. Uh oh pistachio. (NUT PUN)

To be proactive I have since decided to email my bloat to my GP in the hope that as she has a medical title, she may be able to get somewhere with this whole thing. Will keep you posted!

Do any of you IBDers get bloated like this? Surgery aside. As I seem to have gone back to how I was pre-op, and I wouldn't have known I'd had the operation if it wasn't for my newly acquired scar...

X



SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig