Thursday 21 March 2013

Blur

Today has been a blur of exhaustion from last night's insomnia, Tramadol-induced sleep and bloated pain.

Looking at the photos below it's obvious why I was allowed a seat both in and out of London this morning.



I say this morning...as I went into work as normal, and realised that I really shouldn't have bothered; I was so bloated and hadn't even eaten at this point, and was running on under 4 hours sleep. My insides felt like they were about to burst and I already felt emotionally drained - all before 10am.

(I would also like to clarify that there is definitely not a baby in that tum of mine!)

So back I went, homeward bound and waiting to hear from the GP as they had no appointments left.

They have managed to chase my surgeon and get my appointment brought forward to next Wednesday (yippee!) but I know there's not much anyone can do in the meantime. I also know I'm not an A&E case. So when the on-call doctor called me back today I just wanted to know if there was anything I could do to feel better.

She told me to rest and prescribed me some peppermint oil capsules, and got told to buy Buscopan and the like, to help relieve the bloating symptoms. Thing is, mine is part of my Crohn's and so there's no guarantee that any of these things will help...

To help with the pain today I took paracetamol and tramadol which I was given when I was discharged. I don't seem to have any problems with tramadol, apart from a handful of weird side effects, for instance:

  • The feeling of being totally and utterly disconnected and spaced out from the world. 
  • Having the itchiest nose of all time. 
  • Tiredness. 
  • Hot sweats waking me up. 
  • Biting my own tongue in my sleep. 
Last one concerns me!?

So that has been my day. Kind of sucked ass. Made me fed up and weepy. Frustrated. Again, that word which seems to pop up ALL the time.

But onwards and upwards and here's hoping some over-the-counter stuff will help me feel more comfortable. Then I can concentrate on preparing myself to give my surgeon a bloody piece of my mind come Wednesday.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig