Tuesday 5 March 2013

Oh Monday, Monday

I completed my first full week back at work. GO ME.

And naturally, I was feeling a tad sleepy and the like, towards the end of the week...(may or may not have cried a little in exhaustion on Friday afternoon at my desk) but also had a spot of bother in the pain department.

Welcome back Bloat nee Flamonge. That didn't last long.

Seems my bloat can't bear to be apart from me for more than a few weeks. Orrrrrrrrrrrr it's down to the fact that all is not well with my insides - still.

*cue violinist and their sympathetic melody*

So I popped along to my GP yesterday as I wanted to be told I was unnecessarily worrying and all is well. Except after a feel of the ol' tum, it appears that my infection collection (new phrase) has returned and I'm back on antibiotics. Same ones as when I was discharged.

Apparently they can give a false sense of security and that I can feel good, when internally I'm perhaps not. Which is why I need to have my post-op surgical review brought forward to within the next week.

WHICH WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY FINE IF I HAD A LETTER WITH SAID APPOINTMENT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

But I didn't/don't/probably won't.

Welcome back admin rut. Again, that didn't last long.

This has since led me to ring the surgeon's secretary - who's job title suggests she does secretarial work, I don't know, LIKE POSTING LETTERS TO PATIENTS!! And apparently I am supposed to have my appointment within 6 weeks of being discharged. Granted, I am yet to reach this 'deadline', but according to Ms Useless McUselessness, I'm not even on the system for follow up. HOW?! But it's all fine, as she will "let Professor Kumar know you called" Ok. Sure. Fine. Whatevs.

The reason why there is an element of urgency with being seen is because:
  1. I am rather bloated (so much so, there will be a post following this one to discuss it)
  2. I am in quite a bit of pain
  3. My wound and the surrounding areas have gone hard
  4. According to my GP there is a vast amount of heat coming from the wound itself
All of which leads her to believe there may in fact be a little old leak. Deja-bloody-vu.

My mind would be ok with all the shenanigans if the CT Scan I had in hospital actually had a conclusive result. Alas, twas inconclusive. So we just don't know.

All I can do for the time being, is a spot of positive mental attitude in the hope that meds will sort me out.

Ta Ta for now...

X









SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig