Tuesday 26 March 2013

A&E Adventure

I went down to A&E yesterday.

Even when I was sitting waiting, I still did not consider myself a typical A&E patient. But means to and end, and all that.

I went down as I am still incredibly bloated and uncomfortable, and after calling my consultant yesterday I was advised to go to A&E to be seen.

So off I went; first stop the triage nurse.

I explained I'd had my operation back at the end of January, and she was appalled that when she looked up my file, the latest correspondence was my discharge letter dated 4th February.

I sat back down and waited for my name to be called, and then went through to the second assessment. He essentially explained I was in a stalemate: I wasn't an emergency patient, but he could understand why I was there and why I was so frustrated.

It drives me insane that I have had to jump through all these hoops to just be seen by someone?!

Anyway

He told me he would put me on the majors list where I could see a doctor and they could feel my tummy, then take it from there.

At which point my friend arrived to keep me company (I had been there nearly three hours at this point) and we took a moment to look at the craziness that is an Accident & Emergency department...drunks, vomiters, people who couldn't bend their knee but walked around the room anyway, a man that banged his hand on a door and had taken no pain killers but said he thought he might as well come down to A&E. The mind boggles.

Trotted through to majors when I was called and let the man have a good push on my stomach - I cried a little - but he said that from what he can feel, there isn't anything abnormal post-op to be worrying about. That in itself felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. If someone had told me that three weeks ago I wouldn't be so worried!

But he did say that he thinks there might be something else going on (didn't I tell you?!) and that I might have to change my medicine. Cocktail of meds, take 5.

Had my bloods and did a urine sample. Joked I might be pregnant - I'm not. Although at least if I was it would be a funny story to tell! And so off I went home...

Then this morning I was in a race with what seemed like everyone else in South West London, to get an appointment at my GP. I got one, so it was fine. But within 7 minutes from opening, all appointments for the day had been booked up. Madness!!

And I got called today from the hospital (shocking, I know) confirming my appointment for tomorrow at 12pm. Although I am paying a visit to P.A.L.S tomorrow, too...Patient Advice and Liason Services...as I have some complaining to do. Will let you know how that pans out!

But yes, went to see my GP earlier and the angel that she is, gave me a prescription for oral morphine. OH YEAH, MORPHINE YEAH.

She also mentioned that it is worth looking into Coeliac disease - and this isn't the first time it has been mentioned to me. So I guess it's another thing to add to my list to discuss with the doctors when I see them tomorrow and April 15th.

Just call me Multio Diseaseo haha.


(Quite concerned I've just got this photo hanging around on my iPad ha. But it's apt, so...)
((Check out the bags under my eyes HA-ha-horrendous))

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig