Tuesday 23 April 2013

Ms Motivator

We've bought an exercise bike!

And not just any bike, a Davina Magnetic Exercise Bike...[sounds good?!]

The Davina magnetic exercise bike lets you burn through calories and tone your legs in a comfortable, low impact motion.
 
It has 8 levels of tension control so that you can increase the intensity of your workout as your fitness improves or simply vary the resistance within workouts.
 
It includes a centre console that reports on the various aspects of your workout.

Snazzy.

I have also quit the gym. Well almost.

Now I know you're probably thinking where's the logic in that?! You're trying to lose weight, not gain weight. But alas, my friends, there's a method in my madness;

I don't have energy at the best of times, but am very much aware that I am borderline Chubster again. I also have to deal with the unpredictability of what may or may not happen with the hospital and what that will do to my general health and well-being. Whilst this is happening, I find it very hard to justify paying £40 odd per month when I've been a handful of times due to crappy Crohn's.

Moral of the story? If Crohn's is ever going to be helpful, it's when you're trying to quit the gym ;)

Which leaves me with the predicament of HOW do I lose weight, when I'm not a member of the gym anymore?!

This is my plan...
  • A 10 week workout (minus stomach crunches/sit ups until at least May 5th due to post-op rules ha) with the aim to lose around 2 lbs a week
  • No carbs in the night time
  • Aiming to introduce natural anti-inflammatory foods into my diet
  • Trying to stick to a low fibre diet for the bloat
  • Start going to salsa and ballet

But another predicament arises as low fibre foods are not very helpful for weight loss. WHY OH WHY IS THIS SO HARD?!

Take puddings: suitable suggested foods include ice cream, jelly, custard, lollies. Foods to avoid...any containing fruit or nuts.

It basically means in order to eat the right foods for my body, I'm going to have to work out super hard to get rid of this extra weight (uhhh) but I'm post-op so there's only so much I can do for the time being?!!

Got my contrast ultrasound tomorrow though, so at least then I shall hopefully have an idea of why I'm super bloated all ze tiimmmeee. And if anything, I may find out how to amend my diet accordingly.

If all else fails....................



X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig