Tuesday 2 April 2013

Dead End

I don't even know where to begin, guys.

I had the hospital last Wednesday, and genuinely thought I would get somewhere with regards to the administrative fuck up. But alas, t'was not meant to be; I didn't even get to see my surgeon.

I saw his registrar. Yes, I'm sure he is a very pleasant man, but he is NOT who I wanted to see and he also had little to no response when I asked him questions. Very unhelpful.

When I asked why no one had been in touch he explained that unless there is a complication in surgery, they see Crohn's patients one year after discharge. That's all very well and good, except he was looking at my discharge letter which clearly stated that I must be seen within six weeks. So I am still without a decent explanation.

This has lead me to visit P.A.L.S in person (more so they could physically see how distressed this is making me - as crying on the phone doesn't help much because I can't speak!) but also so I could see how I go about complaining.

Now, if you don't know me...I'm not really one to kick up a fuss and complain...until now. As the way I see it is this: I don't want this to happen to me again, and I certainly don't want it to happen to anyone else.

After speaking to a lovely lady I met in hospital when I was in for my surgery, it appears she too is having similar problems with the surgical team/aftercare. So we're going to buddy up and make sure our problems are heard. Hear hear!

I am also trying to see if I can get my consultant appointment brought forward from April 15th, as this bloat is tooooooooooooo much. It's breaking me down, both physically and emotionally and I'm teetering on the edge ha. More about that in another post though!

So there we go.

All something and nothing.

Just hope that it starts to improve.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig