Tuesday 16 April 2013

Nothing to report...

Here's me...


Still bloated as ever, just sitting down this time.

As you can see, nothing has changed. And I'm definitely not with child.

I had the hospital yesterday and I was sincerely hoping for some answers, or at least good news. I suppose you could say I had answers......well we're halfway to answers anyway.

It seems that they have whittled my bloat down to the following reasons:
  1. I have a collection based on infected scar tissue
  2. I have a collection from an abscess which has formed inside me
  3. The stricture they removed has since been replaced by another one where my intestines re-joined
Any of the above do not make me jump with joy. But to be honest, if I have any sort of conclusive answer in the next few weeks, then it will make me feel a bit better.

I got told yesterday that my CT Scan on April 24th has been changed to an Ultrasound with contrast. Apparently it's because I cannot be exposed to that much radiation in a short amount of time (my last CT Scan was 02.02.13?) I don't care what type of scan I have - as long as it shows up what in the blaze is happening!

Whilst I was at the hospital yesterday we did some bloods to test for Coeliac [and everything else] so I think I can call end of next week to see whether I do...

I also really hope that I'm not chasing a follow up appointment after the scan; will be the last thing I need. But also that I can be sat down and told exactly what's going on, and what happens now.

Is that really too much to ask?!

*****

I'm looking into a nutritionist at the moment - if anything, just to fill some time between appointments. But I want to know at the end of the day, I have exhausted every possible angle before I get told there's nothing they can do. Any advice or contacts welcomed, tweet me on @Harriet_Pure

*****

On a lighter note, I was in excruciating pain on Sunday evening and I think I may have taken my Oramorph too close to the previous dose. Never in my life have I felt soooo spaced out, itchy, nauseous, drowsy.

Quite funny when I think about it now - walking around like a zombie, almost kicking my cat a few times. But at the time I couldn't see the wood from the trees.

Bloody side effects.


Haha, if only.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig