Wednesday 3 April 2013

Reaction

Well.........

I posted yesterday afternoon about me and my depression. I have to say I am overwhelmed with the reaction in such a short space of time.

Not only did my hits hop up in hundreds during the night, but I also had people get in touch who I haven't heard from in a while. Overall, the messages have been extremely supportive and positive, and it's amazing to know that my story has given people strength in some way. But a few wondered if it would be better to keep this element of my life more private, as it's a difficult thing to deal with.

Firstly, I would like to say thank you for your concern. But I promised myself when writing this blog that I would be open and honest. This for me, is a type of therapy where I can tell everyone and no one at the same time.

If I can be so open about what my bowels are up to, why can't I also talk about what my mind is up to? After all, it's all part of the person that I am.

I'd also like to point out that at no point have I been on anti-depressants - it's not that I believe they don't work, I just don't think they have been right for me. And throughout my life I have (and will) find ways to help me get through the really shitty times.

All in all, I am a generally cheery person with a positive outlook on life and my Crohn's...but I am also only human and I can't be strong all the time.

Thanks again though to people who have got in touch - it means a lot that not only do you take the time to read my blog, but to reach out and contact me because of that makes it all the more worthwhile.

X

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig