Thursday 2 June 2016

Bumping Along Nicely

My belly is growing and it is growing fast!

I'm 14+ weeks and my baby bump seems to show no signs of slowing - with quite a few people having commented on my bump size for how far along I am. I'm putting it down to being only 160cm and a small frame. The baby's got to go somewhere?

Apparently these few weeks are the baby's first major growth spurt though; at this rate I'm going to need to be prepared to dress according to my new bumpy shape sooner rather than later... My side profile will look like a capital B before I know it!

So as you may remember, I went shopping last week and it was actually quite a pleasant experience. I got a mixture of maternity and non-maternity clothes and tried on anything and everything I picked up. Some pieces of non-maternity were fine in my usual size (10) as they were a more boyfriend-style fit. Whereas other items I am now wearing are upsized to maximise their longevity.

Bardot swing dress. Topshop. Size 10. Bump hider.
Topshop. Size 12. Stretchy comfort for the win. Also available in Maternity.
My birthday dress. Topshop. Size 12. All in the way it's tied...
However, I do have a whopping three maternity items in my possession now. And boy can I see the appeal! 

JEANS. I own a pair of wearable jeans again. It was one of those things where I was in need of a new pair anyway, but once I found out I was preggers it made sense to wait a while and hop on the elasticated bandwagon. What a joy. The comfort! I think it was made more wonderful because I'd not really worn trousers for about 8 weeks as nothing fitted or had the stretch I now needed. This new freedom of movement was outstanding. And to think, it's just a pair of bloody good jeans?! There's only so many times you can wear long tops out for dinner and just not bother doing up your trousers - but they stay put, all the same. I embraced the elasticated waistband with open arms and a growing tum.

Look! It's not a dress. I have legs.
Also got myself a maternity denim shirt - classic - that seems to have quite the room to grow into. So I imagine that will be a staple item that's a good go-to when I just can't. Be. Arsed. You know how it is sometimes.

The other maternity item that's new to the wardrobe is a simple grey jersey cotton slip dress with knotted detail just on top of the bump/under the boob. Slightly more flattering than the oversize/tent dresses that seem to be everywhere for mamas-to-be. Will most likely layer up or down according to the good ol' British weather. But I'm pleased with my choice.

The next things on my list of maternity wear are the basics. I'm talking tights (because I seemed to forget that the area between the top of my knicker line and belly button would expand, thus making tights SO UNCOMFORTABLE), I'm after a belly band (because my back is making me feel like I'm in my late 80s) and I'm after some new comfortable bras (who said pregnancy wasn't sexy?)

I've decided I'm going to try and do regular #ootd posts on my Instagram. I'm also trying to work out if there's a way I can feed my Instagram into my blog? Either way, there are many a post on there about my pregnancy style and what clothes and fashions I'm enjoying as a blossoming woman (apparently!) so if that interests you, have a look!

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig