Tuesday 14 June 2016

Maid to Bump

What a weekend! I had the privilege of being Maid of Honour for my best friend of 25 years, and what an absolute delight it was. Such a beautiful day.

From a pregnancy perspective, a few key points to note from the wonderful day: being pregnant and hormonal means you have absolutely zero control over your emotions and when people are doing the delicate tear and wipe of the eye, you will be ugly crying in the corner - the odd yelp escaping as you try and keep it together. Secondly, if you wear heels as part of your outfit and for most of the day, it will feel like you've ran 83 marathons the following morning.

Patsy & Eddie Forever
It was my first wedding, or major social event, where I've been with bump openly and well...people just touch it?!

It's so strange! The majority of friends would ask before their hands made contact with my belly. But some people would touch it and use it as a conversation starter; 'first baby?' Yes thanks, although I'm not sure how you touching it has anything to do with whether it's my first or eighth baby?

I honestly don't mind - it's a new thing that I'm experiencing as the baby gets bigger, and naturally so does my bump. It's just better when people ask beforehand. I think it's more that people talk and touch it like it's independent of you. But it isn't. It's my skin, on my body and it's my baby. I can feel you touching me when you're touching the baby bump. Duhhh.

My bump is quite something though! I'm only 16 weeks + and the waddling walk is now a thing. God knows what I'll be like in another 4 or so weeks. Let alone in a few months time!? Again putting this down to being 160cm in height and not having the longest torso in the world...I'm a condensed potato.

Now I'm off to the doctors to check baby is all ok as I've had some odd pain sensations in the ovary area of late. Would rather be told I'm being terribly over-dramatic but baby is safe and well; put my mind at rest and hopefully get a better night's sleep. Rather than assume it's normal and then it may be something a bit more worrying.

And I've got my first official pregnancy pre-natal massage this evening. Can't wait to be rubbed down. WHAT A TREAT.

X

*UPDATE*
Baby is fine! I was the hypochondriac mum-to-be (oh gosh) but as I said before, would rather be safe than sorry. Turns out that as the baby grows, it isn't always going to feel like a long stretching feeling where my ligaments et al are prepping the small human's home. So this concentrated pain that I've had the last few days is my pelvic tendon, where it's attached and where it's being pulled. The doctor explained it to me that if I was holding a cut elastic band, and he pulled it away from me, it's the end I'm holding that is the bit hurting as it stretches away. Learn something new every day - especially with this pregnancy malarkey. I'll be a fountain of knowledge by the time this baby comes out.

Side note re pre-natal massage, it was everything I hoped it would be and more. Although it was an odd beginning and I'll tell you for why; normally when I'm told to lie on my side on a pop up bed it's because it's all things bum end and with my gastro team. Not the most relaxing of activities. But that's not what happened on this Tuesday evening! Oh the massage was divine! I feel like a new woman and my back feels brand new. Something I would highly recommend when preggers and I will be having many more of these over the coming weeks. I'm ready to be a pampered woman.

So to now where I'm in my soft clothes, feet up, washed hair and baby's on the move. Bliss.
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig