Monday 20 June 2016

First Day of Summer?!

And it's miserable outside! I've had to dress like it's ruddy November - although if it was actually November I would be ready to drop and probably a lot more uncomfortable than I am now. Wah. Forget sometimes that I've got to get the baby out...

But that's a while away yet! So onto today's #ootd for #bumpingalong; today I am officially 17 weeks and according to my countdown only 150 days until baby arrives. Unless the little one decides to make an even earlier than scheduled appearance.

I am in my Topshop maternity jeans, LaModa boots, a Primark non-maternity vest and my newest purchase; a size 12 non-maternity shackett (shirt + jacket. Like the jegging of the torso) from Topshop. A little bit in love with the camo print and it's large enough that it should be a good go-to to chuck on when I'm feeling a tad swollen with baby.

Oh Monday, Monday.

Other goings on this week: I've got the hospital on Wednesday so will no doubt blog about it afterwards. 'Tis with the IBD midwives to make sure that everything is ok with baby, but also with my Crohn's. Symptom-wise, things are still relatively calm which is ace. Although my bowels have been a tad wobbly since I started introducing meat back into my diet (now it doesn't make me nauseous) Not sure if it's because of the dietary change or if my Crohn's is slightly more active than it has been?! Will be in the best place to check this week so we shall see!

Another thing re pregnancy. My skin. On my face. I feel all sorts of pubescent again. I suddenly have these breakouts which I didn't even get when I was a teenager! I've never been hot on good facial skincare but I am in need of a trip to Boots to say HELP ME FIX MY SKIN. The amount of hormones rushing around my body seem to have gone all over my face. And I'm developing what I now know is the 'mask of pregnancy'. For those of you not sure, it's essentially a blotchy face because of all the melanin in my body. Apparently fades after giving birth. Mmm such a glow.

I also have early onset of nesting. Like so much determination to nest. As in I got a cab from Argos yesterday because I wanted to get the new rug and coffee table home and get building. Just call me Handy Andy off of Changing Rooms - tape measure and screwdriver to hand. I'm setting little tasks for each weekend until after our scan and then it's full time nesting! Painting, building, faffing with soft furnishings, rearranging furniture and buying small things for the new small person. My Pinterest is going to be in need of a rest by the end of July! As will the other half and I.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig