Friday 17 June 2016

#bumpingalong so far

If you follow on me on Instagram you will have seen that over the last couple of weeks I've put up some pictures of me avec bump and they've been posted with the hashtag #bumpingalong.

I thought for those who don't follow me on Instagram (I post lovely things, by the way) here's a quick run down of some of the outfits we've had so far...

A non-maternity Topshop dress in a size 12 given to me as a birthday present. Also available in maternity although as I was only 14+2 weeks, I still had room to wear the slightly larger size of clothes not intended for mamas-to-be. Very comfy. Very stretchy. Shoes are flat because that's something I've realised I need to give in to. WAH. I'm a massive fan of heels, so we'll see how long I can eek out wearing them before I wholly commit to all the flat shoes. But there's my sensible footwear for you. Whole combo with a Sport Luxe vibe...or something like that.

This was taken the day after, so 14+3 weeks. Another Topshop non-maternity item, this time in a size 14. It's actually a jumpsuit and the closest item I have to a pregnancy unitard (which I will find and I will wear) but this was the first time I'd worn something that openly highlights the bump without the strategic photo hand. The size 12 fitted fine, although I didn't want to buy clothes that will only end up being worn a handful of times before the baby is the size of some dramatically large fruit. 

15+3 weeks in this one and there was a hint of British Summertime; hence the flatforms and bardot neckline. This is a non-maternity dress from way back when off of asos, but it's one of those that's just soooo comfortable and regardless of the bloat/bump always seems to make you feel good in it. Hair hadn't been washed for about a week because the shower was broken - yet a dash of red lipstick and dry shampoo and boom baby: a relatively presentable person.

And so to yesterday's outfit where I was 16+3 weeks and a tad glam for a Thursday. Dress is non-maternity from Topshop in a size 12. Wedges are an old faithful from New Look and I actually managed to last in them all day! Even if today I've been a bit nana-esque in my movement. As you can see the bump is growing and I obviously felt the need to point at it, in case you weren't sure where it was.

Today's outfit is much more in keeping with the general office term of 'dress down Friday', except I seem to have taken that and added in 'hair like you're aged 9' too and forgot to generally look awake. I am wearing my maternity shirt from Topshop in a size 10 (AN ACTUAL MATERNITY ITEM) and I'm wearing trousers that are most definitely not maternity from H&M. I say this as I can't actually do them up (!) but I just have my maternity jeans at the moment. It's the next task on my list; leggings, harem pants and what not. I can't wear skirts or dresses every day - think of the maintenance of shaving my legs! Christ, no. Get me some long johns with baby room stat.

So yes. There's a wee selection of my #ootd over the last few weeks. Have decided to continue this but actually take the photos on the turn of each week; e.g. the next one will be when I'm 17 weeks exactly, and so on... This way it means I'll have regular posts on it, but also it allows me to look back at the changes in my bump as the pregnancy progresses. 

And it means less pressure on putting together a snazzy outfit all the time. Win win.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig