Sunday 5 June 2016

Dietician Time

Got the hospital tomorrow morning to see my gastro dietician. It's a scheduled appointment from the end of last year for Crohn's, but has actually come at the perfect time in my pregnancy. This is because I want to put my mind at rest and make sure that I would be able to put on the required weight for baby and me.

I say this based on how my body can drop weight so quickly when flaring and generally how hard it can be to put weight on with Crohn's (unless you're on steroids - hello swollen moon). Over the last few weeks my weight generally hasn't changed. Like to the decimal hasn't changed, at times. But now it's creeping in the right direction which is good!

As I mentioned in a previous post, my Crohn's is as calm as it's been in years. But being pregnant has played havoc with my eating; I've completely gone off meat, and in the first trimester I was feeling nauseous all the time so eating was tricky. Despite taking the pregnancy supplements, I want to know that I am eating all the right things for a good healthy development of the little human.

Being in the glorious second trimester I have my appetite back now so I'm excited to see what recipes I can come up with that tick all the nutritional boxes for the two of us (!) based on my catch up tomorrow with my gastro dietician.

I'm making a conscious effort to eat well with these new culinary cravings and it's given me an opportunity to explore the vegetarian world a little bit - my favourite being a vegetarian chilli con carne with all the beans that I rustled up. So good!

Will post a few of my favourite recipes for any of you foodies out there as I get more adventurous with the ingredients.

But as it stands, bring me all the food. I'm ready.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig