Saturday 4 June 2016

See it. Pin it.

I'm going on full Pinterest binges and I need to be stopped. Well not really, let's not be too dramatic now. But I am having such fun.

It's a weird comforting activity to scroll through nursery and clothing ideas for the baby - especially because we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, there's double the amount to look through. I just love it.

I'd say I'm a bit of a creative soul anyway and I've always loved visual ideas, so knowing there's a set time frame for baby's arrival means I can make all the plans! But I'm also aware not to get too carried away; although we're in the safe zone after our 12 week scan, we still need to get the 20 week one done and know things are as fine as they can be.

Then the nursery decorating can begin!!


We've made a conscious decision to not have everything stereotypical cream and lemon. Just because we don't know what we're having, doesn't mean we can't have a lovely time with other colours! I'm also not a great believer in the whole pink for girls, blue for boys. Says who?! Coral, mint, monochrome, grey: a fab colour palette for a baby - girl or boy.

This approach would apply to the way we dress the baby as much as it would the nursery decoration, I think. Clothes for newborns are basic in their variety, but the patterns and colours...! I would also like a nod to the traditional in the style of clothes we dress them in. A good cable knit or romper suit perhaps? Beautiful.


Don't get me wrong, this is all very exciting and makes me even more broody if that's possible when you're pregnant? (WILL YOU LOOK AT THEIR LITTLE FACES. OH MY.)  Babies are little lumps of loveliness when they arrive and some of the pictures I've seen have made me do happy tears over the iPad. But whilst scrolling through, my grown up head hasn't ignored the pins for all things sensible and intimidating about being a first-time parent. What a journey that lies ahead...

*Googles parenting help books in preparation*

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig