Thursday 30 June 2016

Wiggle Wiggle

So I said a little while back that we, as in me, had felt the first movements of my baby in my tum. Now I'm over 18 weeks the movements are getting much more noticeable and those small flutters have become the swooshing and rolling you read about.

I'm in complete and utter awe of the human body. And to also give credit to mine, as it (so far) has seemed to do what it's supposed to for a pregnant body. Normally it dances to the beat of its own drum for Crohn's and I've had to just cope with whatever it did.

Saying that though, the last few days I've been feeling a tad ropey and decided to stay at home and rest whilst trying to determine if I'm wiped out from baby or Crohn's. Fortunately I'm back at the hospital again on Monday with the IBD doctor for pregnant ladies so I'll be sure to express my concerns/symptoms with her. For the time being I am going to try and have a Modulen each day as I'm currently struggling with all the poos again; I'm worried I won't put enough weight on for the bab. Fingers crossed I'm just run down like any normal mum-to-be and it's not going to be a case of putting me back on steroids because I'm flaring. We shall see!

Anyway...I've had many a sound and feelings happen in my stomach from Crohn's which to a non-IBDer would probably be a WTF moment. But the baby moving!? That's insane. Especially now it's more often and clearer. I had my first experience of skin movement over the weekend and it was the most bizarre thing! Watching the skin on my bump wobble a bit on its own?!? Only for a second, mind. And then it happened again later on in the evening. I tried to get the other half to see but alas not yet. There was a lot of aimless staring by the both of us, waiting, just waiting for something to happen. But another few days or so and I think it'll be a lot easier for him to see his baby moving around. Plus it's only a couple of weeks until we see our baby on screen again. Such love.

I'm really enjoying pregnancy though; that surprises me slightly because as much as I wanted to enjoy it, I was worried I'd spend the whole time feeling poorly and/or struggling to embrace the changes to my body. But I've been fortunate to have a relatively normal pregnancy thus far and I'm the closest to remission with my Crohn's that I've ever been (despite the odd hiccup). Who would have thought making a human would fix me?! Albeit - potentially - temporarily.

I am going to continue putting my stretch mark oil on my bump every night, watch the silvery teenage lines on my hips and thighs get that bit bigger and watch as my body carries on changing to make sure the tiny person has everything it needs to grow into a healthy baby. And anyway...
Same applies to all things baby bump and boobies.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig