Saturday 2 February 2013

Advice from Ronan Keating?

Dear old Ronan once said, "life is a roller coaster" and that it is my fellow readers.

As today has already been completely different to yesterday.

I couldn't sleep properly at night. Any which way I lay down, pain would screech through my insides. And I also welcomed back a bloat with a vengeance. It was also the first time in a few days that I have needed Oramorph to get me through the night.

My surgeon's registrar came round this morning, had a feel of my tummy. Then again. And a bit more. And it hurts. Fuck.

She is extremely concerned as things are not how they should be; my temperature spiked during the night, it hurts to move, and it seems distended again. But different to Thursday, as I do not feel sick at all and have since opened my bowel.

She thinks....there may be a leak.

A leak? A perforated bowel? Either way, things are not ok. And I am panicking.

*******

I have just returned from a CT Scan and am awaiting the consultation for what happens now, and what they have found.

From what I gather from this morning, if there is a leak but it is all contained and my body is dealing with it (albeit slowly) then I can just have some antibiotics. If it isn't contained, then I believe I am back into theatre.

But don't fret, as it is no reflection on my surgeon's skills. Unfortunately with Crohn's, the tissue will always be diseased and things will not always heal well due to it being an auto-immune disease.

So I guess it's just one of those things.

X

SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig