Monday 25 February 2013

Underground Manners

So I'm eating lunch at my desk at work; classic mac and cheese (again), and I'm half way through my first working day. So far so good!

Well, that's if you don't count my tube journey this morning.

I think that Transport For London need to produce a badge similar to expectant mums' "Baby on Board" for people that are post-op after abdominal surgery. At NO POINT is it ok to be elbowed in the stomach, when you're flat against the wall anyway, and then be tutted at as if it's your fault you just happen to be standing there (!)

I don't think so Sonny Jim.

But unfortunately, I didn't manage to tell this woman what I thought...I just cried. I'm such a sap.

I was already nervous about travelling in rush hour as I haven't done that for a good while! And then I get Hong Kong Phooey-ed on my morning travels (another retro reference for you cartoon lovers out there - if in doubt, see below).


Moral of the story so far? Pad up and get even. Elbows at the ready!

Or maybe I should leave slightly later to miss the initial 'rush' part of rush hour.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig