Sunday 24 February 2013

Working 9 to 5

So. Tomorrow I get back to life, back to reality...(apologies for the Soul II Soul reference - had to be done) and head back to work.

I'm anxious. I'm nervous.

This is because it has been quite a while since I was initially signed off by my GP pre-op; almost 4 months, to be precise.

The reason why I was signed off so long was due to the initial flare up, on the hope if I took the prescribed meds and rested during the 6 weeks, all would be sorted. But as we all know, this didn't happen! Then the proposed date for my op was conveniently the Monday after my (original) last day of being signed off. So no need to hunt down additional paperwork then to make sure my (literal) ass was covered for work...?! Pfft. LIES.

Because my op date was stuck in that admin rut in the NHS and ended up being the end of January. Didn't realise until then that despite being seen at the hospital, they don't give out the work/sickness forms unless you're an inpatient. It's the GP. But the GP wouldn't give me the form for SSP as I hadn't been seen by her before that appointment. Nightmare. Pillar to post, etc. etc.

But paperwork dramas aside, I am now in a position where I have work Monday morning.

Shall of course let you know how I get on! (Here's hoping there's no poo-pain on the underground haha)

X


PS: For those of you too young/never heard of Soul II Soul, here's a little treat from me to you...

Soul II Soul (Now the italics in my opening sentence will make sense haha)

PPS: Apologies for all the brackets this evening; my mind is splattered/having conversations with myself mid-type. If this was Twitter I'd be hashtagging all over the place. And talking of Twitter, (cheeky plug) you can follow me on @Harriet_Pure for my concise ramblings in 140 characters.

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig