Friday 1 February 2013

Getting there, slowly but surely

After my previous post and the not so happy-tones it contained, I am pleased to report that today is a much better day.

I haven't been sick, I'm still quite tired (no change there) but the main news is....

Today, I pooed!

This morning the doctor felt my stomach again and noticed how much softer it had got in comparison to yesterday, and that it was also making all the right noises with regards to my bowel getting back to normal.

It seems that I may have done too much, too soon with eating on Wednesday. That paired with ileus, it was never going to end well...

But in a weird way it seems to have figuratively and literally kicked my bowel up the arse and got things moving again.

Now my next focus is trying to eat food, as I've been on sips of still water and fluid through an IV pretty much since Monday - apart from the blip with the soups mid-week!

The doctor said if things continue to go well, then I may be able to be discharged early next week, which would be ace. But not going to get my hopes up, just going to do as I'm told and plod on in my plaid pyjama shirt.

X

SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig