Sunday 17 February 2013

The proof is in the pudding

Except it wasn't a pudding: it was lunch, and it was a salad. But still...I managed to do this yesterday...
This made me feel very proud - as sad as that is - because not only did I manage to finish the meal, it was at lunch with a friend (yes, my first proper outing!) and there was no bum-clenching runs to the toilet afterwards. #WINNING guys.

I think this means that I am a fully fledged 'solid food' eater now. Although I'm still erring on the side of caution; don't want to get carried away! So adjusted my diet to one solid meal, with two liquid-based ones per day and see how we go from there...?!

Another mini event this week that I want to share with you all, is that I am now SCAB FREE. Like a lizard shedding its skin, my final scab departed and I am now pure scar. And I like it. (Is that weird?!)

I don't know if it's because this is the first time (in a very long time) that I can see that part of my stomach easily - as opposed to it being on the underside of my pregnant looking bloat. But it's so neat and reminds me of the pretend scars you draw when you're younger haha.


Luckily, as my scar has turned out very well, I haven't had to have a mental adjustment to how I physically look with it. The only physical adjustment I have had to make is getting used to my body being more 'normal'; less bloated, more like my old figure. And it makes a pleasant change from the last 4 years! But yes, I'm very much aware it's wishful thinking to have the body of my 20 year old self again ;)

But in all seriousness I genuinely feel like this operation is the start of something wonderful. And even if I get just a year of normality, it will make such a difference. 

So to underline the rejuvenated Harriet.2 I decided on a voluntary change to how I look...

TA DA! Bye bye hospital-length hair. Hello fresh new bouncing bob.


X


SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig