Wednesday 13 February 2013

Food, Glorious Food!

Well this is very much a week of indulgent food - and I want to join in!

Shrove Tuesday yesterday...Valentine's Day tomorrow...such wonderful food to be had.

Except I'm not quite there yet with eating solids: I have managed to eat a version of a roast (tender beef, mash potato, cauliflower cheese, gravy) but even after this I'm finding myself running to the toilet either straight after dinner - or worse - halfway through.

Yesterday I decided I was having pancakes. I didn't care, I was going to live life on the edge! It was pancake day after all. And it tasted so good! But boy did I have pains afterwards. And needless to say, I didn't finish the whole thing :(


And tomorrow is Valentine's. Meal deals on every other advert, in every supermarket. And it all looks so tasty - but also very rich (this makes me nervous). I believe my significant other is doing the cooking tomorrow, so I shall leave it up to him with what variety of Harriet-ready food he makes.

I'm also not sure where alcohol comes into my recovery?! As it's not something I wanted to ask when being discharged (avoids any judgement). But I would quite like to enjoy a glass of wine tomorrow evening? My justification is that wine is flat...like water haha.

Normality is close though, I can feel it. Apart from pain just after eating, general pain seems to be dwindling. Movement is becoming a bit easier. We're getting there guys!

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig