Saturday 2 February 2013

Update

There is no update as such, because there is only good news! There is NO LEAK!

Although my CT scan was technically inconclusive due to the contrast liquid not getting far enough in me, it seems that I have a lot of inflammation around my new wound site. But importantly, no signs of a leak anywhere.

Unfortunately, the rest of the detail is lost on me, as I happened to be in the toilet (how apt) when the registrar came around this afternoon and she spoke to my other half instead.

Since then however, the registrar has popped back to see me to give me all the gory details; I have a small collection by my wound site, but this is due to the time elapsed since my op, (i.e. not that long!) and will settle in a further 2-3 weeks. But I can also start to introduce food slowly now, which is fab as I've been on sips of water essentially the last 6 days.

Moral of tonight's bedtime story? I do not have a perforated bowel and I can start to eat again.

So now I can sit back and watch Splash haha. What a Saturday!

X
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig